Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stressful Week In Progress


6/29/11

This week is and will continue to be very rough, as I have several manuscripts to work on in the Department and my special project first draft is due FRIDAY! There just aren’t enough hours in the day. Today is already Wednesday and I still have at least 13 pages of my SP to write. I have a meeting with one of the doctor’s later today to go over the manuscript for the alcoholism study, so I’m hard at work at that.

Last night I was invited to one of the Department’s doctor’s homes. She lives alone in the staff quarters just off campus. A post graduate student also came. She took 2 hours to make a wonderful meal of palak paneer, chapattis, rice with a curd sauce, and a chicken kebab dish. There was also a yummy homemade pudding/spongecake for dessert! We had a good time just talking, relaxing, and watching Spiderman 3. It was such a lovely evening and a nice break from all the work this week.

Not the best quality pictures...but it's all I've got:

Ashwini and Rashmi cooking dinner!

Making chapattis

With Dr. Ashwini (post-graduate student) before dinner

With Dr. Rashmi

Taking tomorrow off from work so I can get a full, solid day of special project work done. I’m staying in Bangalore this weekend to explore the city and see the spots I’ve been meaning to get to—MG Road, Commercial St., and Brigade Rd. That’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment