Sunday, July 17, 2011

Last day in India 7/12

I’m sitting in my room at the Annexe staring at my two giant suitcases all packed up and sitting by the door, ready to go. I’ll leave here in about half an hour and get some lunch and head to the airport. It’s so surreal to be leaving. Two months in the scheme of a lifetime is nothing, but when I’m sitting on the tail end of the two months thinking about all the things I’ll miss, it feels like a while that I’ve been here. I’ve really fallen into a groove of work, hanging out with friends, traveling, etc. It’s more carefree here than in Florida, perhaps because this isn’t my normal day-to-day life. When I go back I have to worry about bills, finding a job, finishing my special project and graduating. Reality will smack me in the face! Before leaving for India, I thought, “there’s no way when I return that I’ll experience any reverse culture shock.” Now, I’m not so sure. I’ve gotten used to the hustle and bustle of a busy city and to the way things work here. It’s so, so different at home and I don’t really know how I’ll react. I’m anticipating being a little bit bored with life at home. It all just seems so mundane now. I guess we’ll see what happens in just 1.5 days, when I arrive back in the U.S. I’m flying Kingfisher Airlines from Bangalore to Dubai, then taking Delta to Atlanta then to Tampa. I’ll arrive in Tampa just before 9:00am on Wednesday morning. Funny, because I’m leaving India Tuesday evening. I gain a day back, which is kind of nice. I’m hoping the flights go off without a hitch and more important, that my two suitcases arrive in Tampa with me and in one (or two) piece(s). I haven’t purchased much here, but what I’ve bought is important to me, so it better make it home! I’ve got Indian clothes (mostly just kurtas), shoes, spices and tea. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment